Sunday, April 5, 2009

Plumaudan France, Jazz Alps and New Friends




Wednesday 1st April 2009

Show Day - slept a bit later and then did a little shopping in Dinan. We met up with some friends for coffee , Dr John - who a few years ago had given me some medical attention when I fell down the stairs in our house in Kirkmichael. It was the first day of the KIGF 2002 - I had stupidly worn some hotel slippers and slipped on the top step of our stairs - fell down on to my bottom on the top stair - winded myself and then passed out and proceeded to fall down the whole staircase - unconscious at the bottom. James thought I was a goner - eyes were wide open but there was no response! Eventually I came to - a head X-ray confirmed that all was OK but Dr. John was at the festival that year and he raced down to our house to examine me! So that was my introduction to Dr John.

We all jumped into the car and drove to Dr. John's new house - which is in the process of being renovated - wow - it will be amazing when it's finished and of course we are all invited to the house warming in June! Hope I can make it!

The gig at night went well and I met a lovely girl called Julie who lives next door to Martin - her daughter, Aiyana who is about 2 years old, comes into Martin's garden when no one is there and kisses the Buddha in the garden. How sweet is that! Julie passed in some pictures of Aiyana kissing the Buddha.

Julie and her husband and Aiyana are all moving to the Alps to set up a new business which sounds really exciting - will keep in touch with her and maybe see her again sometime in France.

Tomorrow back to the UK - ferry to Jersey and a flight back up to Edinburgh. Pick up the cat at the Cat's Hotel and home!

Je suis pooped!

Alison
xx

No comments: