Monday, June 2, 2008

A Bonkers Weekend

Wow what a mad weekend I've just had. Shows in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Vence in the South of France.. It all started with a very early Friday morning 30th May.. off on the road to get to Glasgow for a radio session at Smooth Radio with Martin Taylor.



SMOOTH RADIO
We talked about the new album "1:am" and selected three tracks to be played on the show - True, He's a Tramp and If It's Magic. Martin wrote the music for True and I wrote the lyrics. He's A Tramp is that fabulous Peggy Lee song which is really the anthem for the Disney movie Lady and The Tramp. I've been trying to get hold of a copy of the film - so must get searching around on Amazon! And of course the last track we selected was the version of that wonderful song written by Stevie Wonder - If It's Magic. When we were recording the album we made a radio edit of the track but I think the station played the full version.



Then we were back on the road to Edinburgh to get to the Queens Hall for the sound check. Doors at 7.30 and showtime - 8pm. Have a look at the footage for "Again" from the Edinburgh show.


Saturday 31st May - The City Halls Glasgow.

Well.... this is the first time I've been in this venue although I have played a concert in the Old Fruitmarket which is more or less in the same building. It's a big venue!

Now I do love a little bite to eat but never before singing. My rider is always just water, still not fizzy or as they say in Italy solo aqua. The audience was great and Martin and I both noticed a lot of smiley faces. I recognised a few familiar faces in the audience and I really enjoyed the gig.

Another early start tomorrow, early flight to France so I then headed off to my hotel.

Sunday 1st June - an early flight to Nice to do a show with Bill Wyman and his Rhythm Kings in a Chateau in the hills in the south of France. We were picked up at the airport and whisked off to a remote location up in the hills overlooking the Cote d'Azur. It was a great night, the atmosphere was amazing and the scenery stunning but that early flight the next day is always on the horizon.

Monday 2nd June - not too early a start so there was time to munch on some breakfast before flying back to the UK. I'm saving all the good juicy stories for my book!!! Looking forward to getting home and seeing the cat and I hope my husband has been keeping the Aga wiped over!

Ciao for now
Alison
X

No comments: