Sunday, February 22, 2009


21st Feb 2009 - Saturday

Ok - we finally managed to get to Sri Lanka. Within 24 hours of leaving Edinburgh airport we have been to Bangkok twice, we've been met with confiscation, the plague (Bird Flu), political unrest and terrorist attacks! I knew singing jazz would be trouble!

We left Bangkok on a late flight to Colombo, Sri Lanka. We were a good way on our journey in the air when the pilot anounced that we had to turn back due to the airport in Colombo being closed. I must admit I got a bit anxious to say the least! Martin and I cracked some jokes on the way back.

So we arrived back in Bangkok to see the news that Tamil Tigers were attacking Colombo airport as we were in the air. Planes, terrorists and jazz - not a good mix! Anyway we we're finally allocated rooms in a really beautiful hotel - it was gorgeous. Although I had about 2 and a half hours to enjoy the sleep as we were asked to be back down stairs for news of flights at 6.30am.

Well - no sleep but great breakfast in the morning and eventually we were taken to the airport to try again for a flight to Colombo.

We eventually arrived on Saturday afternoon - we left Scotland on Thursday so 3 days later 2 1/2 hours sleep - and guess what - a show that night! Totally pooped we did the concert and it was great. Afterwards I have probably the best burrito in the world at the bar then I headed off to my room. Slept the BIG sleep.

22nd Feb 2009 - Sunday

What did I do today?
Slept the great wall of China, reinvented myself as a wheel and ate a banana. Show time - pick up at 5pm and sound check thereafter. What a great venue - outside venue with all the tropical birds doing their thing in the background. It was a full house and we had loads of signing afterwards. Now I can eat! We are being taken to a pretty amazing restaurant and the food was fantastic. Since I only had a banana all day I think I could nosh for an army.

Need to get some sleep now as we are going shopping tomorrow! Shoes? Clothes? Not sure.

Speak soon and drop by for next tour news.

Ciao for now

Alison

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi Alison
reading your blog, at least I get to see what you are up to and that is nice. Hope you have a save time on your tour.

lots of love Andrean xxxxx