Wednesday, February 25, 2009


Hoppers and Fab Foodie

Monday 23rd Feb

After an afternoon's shopping - we were out to dinner with some friends who live in Colombo. I had the most amazing foodie there - our friends had hoppers made on site!! They are like small deep dish shaped crispy pancakes that you have with curries and other ace Sri Lankan food. Hoppers have changed my life - they are probably the best thing in the world to eat!! I had a plain one and an egg one - out of this world. I just have to come back here again to do hoppers. Can't live without them now.

Tuesday 24th Feb

Today Martin and I have an interview with Steve from The Age newspaper in Sri Lanka. That went really well and I took a pic of me and Steve.

After that Martin and I met a friend who is Buddhist and we went to a nearby temple. We had an amazing tour around and one of the monks gave us his blessing. We met the resident baby elephant and the monks said that I could adopt him . So I sang him a wee song - Hey Good Looking fed him a pineapple and tried not to get my feet stood on. His trunk was unbelievably strong - he really grabbed that pineapple. Then gave me a crazy look.

Back at the hotel I got ready to head to the British Council to do a vocal masterclass. That was very well attended and it seemed to go well. Martin came in for the last 10 mins and played a couple of tunes with me and I stayed on to sit in on Martin's master class.

It was a great day and I'm sorry to leave - we needed to get back to the hotel to pack as the flight to Bangkok was at 1.30am.

Checked out and a car picked us up at 10.30pm. Goodbye Sri Lanka - I will certainly miss you and I just know I will be back soon. XXXXX

No comments: