Friday, March 6, 2009

The Basement Show - 3rd March 2009



After a long flight from Bangkok and the Basement show, James and I had a day off in Sydney. I met with a cousin of mine who I had never met before. She told me of some very interesting facts about our family history. It seems that I am a direct descendant of Captain Kidd the pirate!! Well well well! My mum always said that she knew I would run away with the gypsies ( meaning James and his gypsy roots) but James never thought that he was marrying into a family of pirates! Ha ha!

So all becomes clear now - I always wondered what that map with the X was all about!

So the Basement show went very well and we had a day of sightseeing - walked past Russell Crowe's house - which is just across from our hotel. We went up to the top bar in the Shangri La Hotel where we had some drinks and looked at the stunning lights of Sydney - wow pretty spectacular I must say.

In the afternoon we had an interview live on Eastside Radio Station - the lines were really busy with callers and the presenter Eric Gyors played a lots of tracks from 1 AM and also Martin's solo album Double Standards. That's me, Eric Gyors, Wally Wrightman and Martin in the picture at Eastside Radio Station Sydney.

Next day - Martin and I are off to Melbourne - early flight - so a bit of re-jigging the old suitcase. Airports are a pain in the bum! All the liquid stuff is a piece of nonsense. Had all my toiletries confiscated in Bangkok even although I hadn't left the airport from security in Heathrow. I tell you - my bouffant has suffered for it! I'll need to get a stick on one like Amy Winehouse - it would save a lot of bother.

We arrived at Melbourne airport and were whisked off to do another live Radio session at 3 AW with presenter Denis Walter. We played live in the studio and then spoke to callers on air. Seemingly the phone was red hot at Dizzy's - all looking for tickets! Good stuff! Then off to the hotel.

So here we are in Melbourne - 3 shows at Dizzy's and the last show is tonight. A guy from PBS was at the show and was really very enthusiastic about the the music and the concert, so we are trying to set up an interview and some TV if we have time.

With a little bit of sightseeing today and the last show tonight - I'm a wee bit tired but will take a rest this afternoon.

Tomorrow we're off to the Gold Coast - early flight with an afternoon show we don't have much time to catch our breath after the show tonight.

No comments: