Saturday, March 28, 2009

Jersey Jazz and Spinach, Angel Delight and Evaporated Milk!

Saturday 28th March 2009

I arrived in Jersey yesterday to acclimatise!! I asked James if I I needed to adjust my watch to a different time zone - he said set your clock back 30 years!

We're struggling a bit to get veggie food - but I was successful in sourcing some spinach for lunch - it was OK but expensive - 2 spinach leafs deep with a suggestion of mozzarella quivering under a blushing tomato the size of a 1 pence piece! All in all - I used more energy eating it and left the cafe more hungry than I was when I went in!

Still - the hotel will be providing dinner tonight so I'm braising myself for a choice of Sir Loin steak, fish cottage pie, gammon steak with Penelope and a cherry on top! Followed by Angel Delight and Carnation Milk! As my dad used to say "Eva-ported milk"!

You know how the old saying goes - "red sky at night, shepherds pie for your breakfast"!

So sound check soon - then DINNER! Will take some pics of foodie and the show.

More soon.

Alison
x

No comments: